One third of the year has gone by and what can I say about it? I experienced a range of emotions of course (what else is new) but I can say, the months were full of learning, of me trying new things and being brave. There was lots of laughter and a few tears because that’s just life. Where there is joy, there is sorrow. There is never going to be a ‘happy ever after” because life is not a fairytale.
So yeah, about those things I feel good about:
- You know how I said that I wanted to get my driver’s licence by May…well, that’s not going to happen BUT I did complete 10 sessions of driving practice and I feel great about that! I was scared and nervous but now I’m a step further toward obtaining my licence. I’ve decided not to focus too much on the timeframe so I’m reframing my goal and that’s quite ok for me.
- I bought my first Life Planner. It took me a while to decide on the one I wanted but I did and I’m happy with my purchase.
- I found a wonderful community of people on social media, who like me, likes journaling, planning and goal setting. We don’t always get it right but we do it nonetheless because it makes us feel good.
- Trying to conceive and “planning” a wedding
- Walking home from work almost every day, which allows me to get at least 30 minutes of active time for the day
- Visiting my high school, which I hadn’t been back to in yeeears; and I left 13 years ago…oh gosh man, how time flies!
- Finally completing Quiet by Susan Cain and it was well worth it
- I got to visit and spend time with famiy and future in-laws. I usually feel awkward meeting people but I’m proud of myself for pushing past it
- Making a decision about my future at my current place of employment that sets my soul on fire 🙂 ok, so I’m exaggerating but suffice it to say, I don’t regret it
- I continued to experiment with my hair and had good hair days; who doesn’t love that?! I’m all for it!
Now about the other side of life, which I don’t even want to dwell on since I’ve come to acknowledge that I’m the only one standing in my way. I just need to act on my desires. Time is so valuable and I don’t want to waste it by continuing to do shit I hate.
The things that I would like to focus on and achieve this month:
- Driving practice and reading the manual
- Read new books
- Have a nice vacation
- Find a new job
- Find new and interesting ways to challenge and motivate myself
That’s all folks!